Sunday, October 17, 2010

So Much Going On

I don't think I thought I would be doing as much reading as I am. I read every day. I was breaking down how much I've read in the last 8 weeks and I am looking at about 7-10 readings a week - articles, chapters, books. I've been reading so much that I have not been as great here. Well, let's face it, I've never been very good at keeping this blog up with reading summaries. Let's just say I've come across some really great sources.

A meeting with a committee member gave me beaucoup books (various cultural readers) in cultural studies and it made me remember how much I loved reading about cultural studies.


Found some great books about Technical Communication and the World Wide Web and Technical Communication and Cultural Studies.

Will soon start reading straight up composition theory.

Then there is the Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference where I will be presenting with a colleague of mine. Then I will be applying for a department award.

And yesterday I found out the best news - I got into the 4C's. This was my first try and the proposal didn't get a lot of rave reviews in workshops. I ultimately decided to submit because, well, why not?

Lots and lots of work to be done. Better get to it.

No comments: