Thursday, February 12, 2009

Research Question or Something Close

My current interest is looking at how online communities have developed and/or furthered the movement to "go green." I will be looking at sources that discuss the dynamics of online communities and hope to find some sources that deal directly with online communities in relation to social movements. I think it would be interesting to discover whether any of the articles address how much "community" comes out of online communities.

1 comment:

NewMexicoJen said...

Meg-
One of my 211 students was telling me about a local online community for Las Cruces car enthusiasts and one of their big pushes is a weekly, live meeting of members of the discussion board. I wonder if there are examples of that in the "green" movement.
I know we have talked bunches about sources for this, but let me know if you get stuck or need suggestions.
Jen
---Also, Sarah mentioned that you should take her gender representations and film class (I think in the fall). I just wanted to get this on your radar.